15/02/2016 – Since the last message, quite a few further developments happened and thus I am happy to advise you as follows:
- In 2015 we have opened new WCL representative offices as follows:
– Zurich: Remo Eigenmann (formerly with Panalpina and DAMCO) is running the office.
– Bogota: Alvaro Mancilla (formerly DHL) is the new WCL representative in Colombia.
– Miami: Kris de Witte (formerly ECU Line) runs the new WCL office in Miami.
– Hamburg: Frieder Steinwarder (after 43 years with DBSchenker) has joined WCL as Partner on July 1, 2015.
- Effective Feb 1, 2016 Martin Sieg (formerly SDV Geis, DAMCO and Rhenus Air/Ocean) has joined WCL as Partner in Hamburg (Grosshansdorf).
- In February 2016, we have opened a new WCL representative office in Santiago de Chile. The office will be run by Karl-Heinz Ruzsitska (formerly KN and DBSchenker).
- In 2016 we intend to open new representative offices in Basel and Chicago.
- At the same time we are looking at opening a new office in Shanghai by mid 2016.
In 2015 we celebrated our most important M+A success story (we helped GEFCO to acquire IJS Global).
During the last couple of months WCL has been appointed by more than 5 Global Logistics Service Providers to set up and implement “a new NVOCC structure”. It appears that more and more attention is paid to risk management within this industry.
Please feel free to contact us to inquire about any further details.
Hans J. Willam
February 15, 2016